Why Use a Qualified Contractor?
Contractors come in all shapes and sizes, with varying degrees of experience and expertise. But when it comes to energy efficient installations, retrofits and building, make sure you choose a qualified professional who has the knowledge and training to do the job safely and effectively. You're in safe hands with RESNET EnergySmart Contractors.
- Trained Professionals: RESNET Qualified EnergySmart Contractors are experts in their individual trades and have additional training in safe energy efficient practices. When errors such as improper venting could lead to illness and even death for your family, you want to know that you're working with a trained professional who knows the risks - and how to prevent them. EnergySmart Contractors receive continuing education on an annual basis in order to stay on top of the latest developments in energy efficiency and safety.
- Effectiveness: While ordinary contractors are focused on their specific trade, RESNET Qualified EnergySmart Contractors think of the house as a set of interconnected systems. They understand how a change in one system can affect another, and they know how to avoid any dangerous mishaps.
- Save Money: A job done by a professional who is specially trained in energy efficiency will save you more energy, resulting in lower energy bills each month. Even the most energy efficient windows will still leak air if they're installed incorrectly.
- Complaint Resolution Process: RESNET has developed a complaint resolution process for consumers who believe that their contractor has acted outside the RESNET Code of Ethics. When you work with a RESNET member, you have the confidence of knowing that RESNET is standing behind you.
There are a number of things that distinguish RESNET qualified EnergySmart Contractors from all others. First of all, they have the knowledge and training to carry out energy efficient retrofits and building projects in a safe and efficient manner. Secondly, when you work with a RESNET EnergySmart Contractor, you can enjoy the peace of mind of knowing that they:
- Have valid licensing and insurance
- Have successfully completed RESNET approved energy efficiency training
- Have passed a RESNET administered exam
- Conduct annual continuing education courses in their trades
- Maintain a RESNET membership in good standing
Energy efficient training and exam subjects include:
- Principles of energy
- Cost effective energy efficient practices
- The house as an inter-related system
- Combustion safety
- Order that work must be carried out for optimal safety and effectiveness